Friday, August 15, 2008

How to find a church

I've had the opportunity at work to meet some people in different parts of the country, some of which were looking for churches. So in asking around I have been directed to a few websites that are very helpful if you're either looking to move or will be visiting. Here is what I learned, please let me know if you have any other helpful resources and I'll update this post)
  • 9 Marks. First, I'd recommend the 9 Marks website. Mark Dever wrote a book called 9 Marks of a Healthy Church. Great place to start! Click here for the 9 Marks. Read up then keep in mind when looking for a church. You can also search the site for churches that hold to the 9 Marks.
  • John Farese has a great website that might be an encouragement to you. You can read his testimony here. John has a directory of churches as well that you might check out.
  • FIRE - Fellowship of Independent Reformed Evangelicals. FireFellowship.org.
  • Finally, here is a book review of Thabiti Anyabwile's book What is a Healthy Church?
I trust these resources will be an encouragement to you as you look for a church where you live or plan to visit.

No comments:

About Me

Here is my testimony: mike