Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Songs I Want Played at My Funeral


I hope to live a long life on the earth, but when the Lord does call me home, let it be known that I want this song played at my funeral. Here are the lyrics (based on Psalm 96) which rightly exalt the Lord as He should be exalted!

Glorious and Mighty
(Psalm 96)
Words by Joel Sczebel, Todd Twining, and Bob Kauflin
Music by Joel Sczebel and Todd Twining


Verse 1
Majesty, Your glory is shining
Brighter than the moon and the stars
Marveling, we honor and fear You
Above all gods

Chorus
Glorious and mighty, You’re awesome In beauty
Joyful songs we raise
Glorious and mighty, You’re awesome in beauty
Greatly to be praised

Verse 2
Majesty, You fashioned the heavens
Your decrees can never be changed
Over all the plans of the nations
Your judgments reign

Verse 3
Majesty, we’ll sing with creation
When You come again in the clouds
Every knee will bow down and worship
The one true God

Words by Joel Sczebel, Todd Twining, and Bob Kauflin, music by Joel Sczebel and Todd Twining.
© 2008 Sovereign Grace Worship (ASCAP)/Sovereign Grace Praise (BMI).
Sovereign Grace Music, a division of Sovereign Grace Ministries.
From Psalms. All rights reserved. International copyright secured.
North American administration by Integrity Music. International administration by CopyCare International.
I love the Psalms CD that Sovereign Grace put out last year. You can hear clips of the CD and order it for yourself here. P.S. While I'm asking, it would be great if Melissa Farmer (who belts out this song on this CD) could sing it at my funeral, I'd be much obliged.

No comments:

About Me

Here is my testimony: mike