Saturday, September 6, 2008

Access to God only Through Christ

"Rest assured that there is no meeting with God on our part except through Jesus Christ our Redeemer. I am of Luther's mind when he said, 'I will have nothing to do with an absolute God.' God out of Christ is a terror to us." - Charles H. Spurgeon
  • For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus (1 Tim 2:5)
  • Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6)'
  • For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. (Heb 4:15-16)
  • My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world. (1 John 2:1-2)

No comments:

About Me

Here is my testimony: mike