Sunday, September 21, 2008

Some refrigerator art...

Sophia colored a couple of neat pictures this month, so I thought I'd share. This first one is of me and Sophia in front of our house.

This one is a picture of the building I work in.

I love how Sophia chose to draw my friend-Tony-when she drew my work. She must have heard me talking about him, because I don't think she's met him in person. So I guess you could say that this is a visual representation (through my 7-yr-old's eyes) of what I have said about Tony. I think she did a fantastic job, looks just like him!

Perhaps this is something like when we try to talk about Christ and demonstrate 'Christ-likeness' in how we live life. We want to paint an accurate picture of who He is because He is so significant in our lives! I want people to "ooh and ahh" when I hold up Christ-as our pastor pointed out in today's fantastic sermon. I am doing my best to describe His majesty and indescribable, unsearchable ways, yet my best efforts are so basic and elementary! However we have the best set of paintbrushes available! Nothing can better inform our speech about Christ than God's Word:
Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! "For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor? Or who has given a gift to him that he might be repaid?" For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen. (Rom 11:33-36)

No comments:

About Me

Here is my testimony: mike