Thursday, May 28, 2009

Living the Cross Centered Life Quotes - Day Fourteen


Some might find it surprising that I would teach a young boy about God’s wrath toward sin [C.J.’s son was twelve at the time]. But I find it surprising that any loving person would withhold this truth from another person they love. Because only when we understand God’s wrath toward sin can we realize that we need to be saved from it. Only when we hear the bad news that we’re deserving of judgment can we appreciate the good news that God, through His Son, has provided salvation and full, continuing forgiveness for our sins. Only those who are aware of God’s wrath are amazed at God’s grace.

This is what I hold out to my young son as the hope of his life: that Jesus, God’s perfect, righteous Son, died in his place for his sins. Jesus took all the punishment; Jesus received all the wrath as He hung on the cross, so people like Chad and his sinful daddy could be completely forgiven.

I hope to teach my son many other things as well, but the gospel is the one essential thing for him to know—as it is for us all. (p 29)

No comments:

About Me

Here is my testimony: mike